In all advertising and marketing remember that you are selling a lifestyle. People who buy apartments don’t want to spend time gardening. They may be the sporty, active type or perhaps older people who don’t want the headaches of a large house.
Here are ten tips to help you reach the right buyer, whether you use a real estate agent or are a private seller.
- Don’t spend a dollar of advertising money until the apartment is well presented! This is probably the most important tip of all!
- Preparation. Make a list of all the amenities of the apartment complex. Write down your apartment’s best features. Have all fees like bodycorp, rates etc on hand.
- Create an advertising flyer. These are useful for mail and post box drops.
- Write adverts highlighting the features of the apartment on a a small file card for noticeboards. Place these in supermarkets or food halls or anywhere that your potential buyer might view.
- Use catchy selling phrases such as ‘Minutes From Transportation,’ ‘Walk To Work’ and ‘Forget The Traffic’.
- Advertise in local papers. Use eye-catching phrases such as ‘No More Lawns,’ ‘Fabulous Pool & Gym,’ ‘Dream Apartment’ and ‘Enjoy Life In The City’.
- Tell the neighbours the apartment is for sale. Often they may have friends or work colleagues who could be a potential buyer.
- Don’t limit your market. An apartment is a good starter home for young couples who can’t afford a house. Great for single parents and friends who can’t buy separately. Don’t forget senior citizens too! Many are tired of the hassles associated with single-family residences but aren’t ready for a retirement home. Write different adverts to attract these different groups!
- List on property websites. You can’t sell a secret! Even if you are using a real estate agent it still pays to do some advertising yourself and point any potentials buyers towards your real estate agent.
- Monitor your advertising efforts and make sure it is working. Tweak your advertising and marketing and keep promoting your apartment. It ofen takes more than a few weeks to see any results.